Art Talk - Ten Questions
A glimpse behind the scenes into the artists studios and a look at the creative workings from artists across the world. A fascinating insight and privileged look into what makes them tick and why they do what they do…
1. How long have you been an artist?
If you mean professionally? For more than two decades.
2. What is your preferred medium and roughly what is the process for creating your work?
Resin. I create different clear layers of resin and I place multiple colors, shapes… in between of them.
3. Describe your life as an artist in 3 words?
In three words? That is a nonsense.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from and how does it affect your creative process?
From the way our brains, minds create intelligence and thought shaping us and therefore, our identity. Interested in the concept of memory. We are what we remember, the recollections make us the way we are. The resin works as a container of our recollections, feeling, emotions, thoughts that get frozen in between layers and remains unchangeable. Frozen time, history, memory…
5. Who or what has had the greatest influence on your art and career so far?
Myself, so far.
6. What is the one piece of advice you would give to a new artist?
Be honest with yourself.
7. What is the one item in the studio you couldn’t live without?
8. Do you listen to music when working in the studio, if so what?
Most of the time. It depends.
9. What are the best and worst things about being an artist?
There are more positives things rather than negatives for sure.
10. Technology is a growing presence in the life of an artist, what are your favourite apps or software to assist your work and promotion?
Artist Javier Infantes Visit Website
Please leave your comments below!
Other blog posts you might enjoy!
Snapchat is perfect for artists and designers that want to showcase the process of their work and what happens from their studios. It’s a quick, direct way of storytelling to your audience that’s also fun and easy to use!
You’ve now got a nice profile page up and running, engaging content and a steady stream of new followers to engage with…what now?