Art Talk - Ten Questions
A glimpse behind the scenes into the artists studios and a look at the creative workings from artists across the world. A fascinating insight and privileged look into what makes them tick and why they do what they do…
Artist Amaranthia Sepia Gittens-Jones
1. How long have you been an artist?
I am 15 and art is something I have always done but I started sharing with others at 11.
2. How did you get into art?
I like watercolor, ink and just started using acrylics. My process? Study, be prepared and stay consistent.
3. Describe your life as an artist in 3 words?
Prolific, creative, driven.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from and why?
Dreams. I also create characters and environments inspired from photos and from nature. Studying the anatomy of animals helps me create original creatures and characters for my graphic novel in progress.
5. Who or what has had the greatest influence on your art and career so far?
Japanese mythology and nature.
6. One piece of advice for a new artist?
Never give up.
7. What is the one item in the studio you couldn’t live without?
8. What music do you listen to when working in the studio?
Sometimes. I love listening to ‘lets plays’ or video game play throughs.
9. What are the best and worst things about being an artist?
Worse thing is when you have artist block and lose your motivation. The pressure to always do fan art vs original art. The best thing is being able to bring the things I see in my head to life for people to enjoy.
10. Do you have a favourite app or technology that assists your working day?
Artist Amaranthia Sepia Gittens-Jones Visit Website
Snapchat is perfect for artists and designers that want to showcase the process of their work and what happens from their studios. It’s a quick, direct way of storytelling to your audience that’s also fun and easy to use!read more
You’ve now got a nice profile page up and running, engaging content and a steady stream of new followers to engage with…what now?read more