Art Talk - Ten Questions
A glimpse behind the scenes into the studios and creative workings from artists around the world. A fascinating insight and privileged look into what makes them tick and why they do what they do…
1. How long have you been an artist?
For about 3 years now.
2. What is your preferred medium and roughly what is the process for creating your work?
I do oil paintings and my process usually involves first understanding the color values and then mixing the colors based on the value study and then applying bold colors.
3. Describe your life as an artist in 3 words?
Happiness, fun, passion.
4. Where do you draw your inspiration from and why?
Most of my paintings are from photos from nature. The one thing that captures my eye is deep contrasts and bold color.
5. Who or what has had the greatest influence on your art and career so far?
I love paintings by Monet and other impressionistic artists.
6. One piece of advice for a new artist?
More than color, its the value that matters.
7. What is the one item in the studio you couldn’t live without?
Tissue paper 🙂
8. What music do you listen to when working in the studio?
No. I like the silence when painting.
9. What are the best and worst things about being an artist?
Best is it drives you and then you are consumed by it too.
10. Do you have a favourite app or technology that assists your working day?
I use facebook and twitter.
Ramya artist – visit Website