Snapchat For Artists and Designers
Snapchat For Artists
Ten Reasons Why Artists Should Be Using Snapchat
Thought Snapchat was for kids? Think again. It’s about to grow up and get big, really big and with over a 100+ million active users it’s getting harder to ignore for much longer!
How does it work?
Snapchat is a photo messaging app that users can take photos and videos with and send them to their audience. On each photo/video, which are referred to as “snaps,” users can draw pictures with their finger, type words and/or use fun emojis on the screen. Then, after the snap is created, users are able to set a time limit for how long the recipients is able to view them (from 1-10 seconds, longer for stories). The most crucial feature that sets it apart from any other social media – is that after the recipient views the snap, it is gone forever and deleted from Snapchat’s servers.
Snapchat For Artists
Snapchat is perfect for artists and designers that want to showcase the process of their work and what happens from their studios. It’s a quick, direct way of storytelling to your audience that’s also fun and easy to use. What more do you need?!
Top 10 Reasons
Here are the top 10 reasons why now is a great time to get in before the crowds and start promoting your art through Snapchat.
1. It’s about to mature, early adopters will benefit by keeping out in front.
2. Real eyes on your content – currently snapchat doesn’t have feeds like Facebook and Twitter so the noise/competition is low!
3. You have to invite followers from other sources so they are only there to view YOUR content.
4. It’s raw, in a good way. Great for behind the scenes real world glimpses of your process. No fussy editing to perfect your images.
5. Each post only lasts up to 24hrs. Users want to view at your content before it’s gone!
6. Add your content to your Snapchat ‘stories’ a fantastic way to give your followers a real time look at your works in progress and really get behind the scenes.
7. Great for video and images including filters and text which you can edit and have fun with in a slick interface to enhance your storytelling.
8. There are lots of eyes are on Snapchat! What started as a niche app for teens is about to grow up. The 25-55 yr old market are starting to sign up and that means that brands and money will follow. Lots of them.
9. Big brands means big expectations, expect to see some exciting developments as Snapchat adds features to enhance user experience.
10. It’s fun, like really fun and easy to use.
Snapchat can really benefit artists and designers that wish to add another dimension to connect with their communities. It’s quick, fun and a great, direct way of adding on the go content in addition to popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
To build your following try adding your username to your current social bio’s and websites, tweet and post pictures and video with your username added within the images. It takes time to build a following but snapchat adds a genuine alternative to the current crop of social apps and looks to be around for a good while yet.
Enjoy and good luck!
Highly Recommended Reading:
For more information:
How about you? Are you an artist on Snapchat? We’d love to hear how you’re getting on!
You’ve now got a nice profile page up and running, engaging content and a steady stream of new followers to engage with…what now?read more
When it comes to using social media for artists, you’ll find it an increasingly competitive and ever changing environment. So as artists we need to play to our strengths and keep creative with our posts and promotions…read more